Changing windows settings with powershell on Win7 (Advanced Sharing Settings) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to change "Password Protected Sharing" setting which is located at:
    "Control Panel" -> "Network and sharing center" -> "Change advanced sharing settings"

What I would like to do is to switch it off (using a script of course)

I've already tried exporting the registry before a manual change and after it, observe the difference and overwrite it using the "reg add.." command with no effect

The only value that changed which is relevant (from my understanding) is in:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi
    and
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Nsi

There are four values under that key and only one of them was changed (same value in both keys)

There were some more keys changes ofcourse but they were performence counters so I marked them as irrelevant.

Thanks for any assistance, 
    Itay Komemy

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:17 AM

Answers

• As it turns out: there is no API for changing security settings for security reasons...

duh

• Marked as answer by Itay Komemy Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which setting do you like to configure? Turn on the  network discovery or file and printer sharing?

Best Regards

Scott Xie

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:11 AM
  • "Password Protected Sharing"
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry, I have done some research but could not find the way to enable the "Password Protected Sharing" feature via powershell command.

Best Regards

Scott Xie

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, November 5, 2012 7:06 AM
  • As it turns out: there is no API for changing security settings for security reasons...

duh

• Marked as answer by Itay Komemy Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:46 AM