Unable to change to lower priority wireless network when configured through Group Policy RRS feed

• Question

• Just started testing out NPS on Server 2008 with a couple of our Wireless Access Points. Got it all working ok, however it seems XP clients need to have the wireless connection settings manually configured, ie changing changing the EAP type from EAP-TLS to PEAP before they can connect. So I created a GPO for XP clients that contains 2 preferred networks with the relevant settings. I also did this for Vista and above clients. The policies deployed successfully, and the laptop connected to the highest preferred network, however, I am unable to change to the other preferred network even if it has far better signal. The only way it will connect to the lower priority network, is if the highest one is unavailable. I don't have this issue on Windows 7 clients. It will connect to the highest by default, but I have the ability to switch between the 2. Is this normal behavior, and is there anyway around this? I just need a way so that I don't have to manually configure any wireless networks on clients, and they have the ability to change to different preferred networks at will. 

cheers
    glenn 

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:02 AM