none
PS 2010 Timesheet Save Error GeneralObjectAlreadyExists (20008) RRS feed

• Question

• Have anyone seen this timesheet error before? 

Timesheet: 
    o GeneralObjectAlreadyExists (20008). Details: id='20008' name='GeneralObjectAlreadyExists' uid='1cadd1b3-6822-4da5-ae62-a66373142c2a' objectUID='365b61da-cdee-070a-2948-3f7608b16af2'. 
    Queue: 
    GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - TimesheetUpdate.UpdateTimesheetMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='a4c27158-3de3-4f71-be88-b839df9cdb32' JobUID='71d79385-2fea-44b8-904d-474b906d47d9' ComputerName='ESI-PROJSERV1' GroupType='TimesheetUpdate' MessageType='UpdateTimesheetMessage' MessageId='1' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine ESI-PROJSERV1 for entries with JobUID 71d79385-2fea-44b8-904d-474b906d47d9.

Every time I check the users TS, I find tasks with same name but on a different project. But that should be fine. I’m suspecting the user is using the insert new task option to create the task. But the TS fails on save. 

PS 2010 SP1 w/ Dec 2012 CU 

Any input on this would help. 

Ali Al . Consultant & Development Manager.
    epma
    FB TW IN

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:56 PM

All replies

• Ali, It does sound like the user is adding a task that already exists, but it's difficult to tell without the exact steps.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:37 PM
  • I emailed one of the users to see what he did before he got the error. I’m still waiting for the reply. 

In the meantime, I have tried on my test server to:
    -insert existing task twice (no issue, TS will only pick one)
    - insert/create new task twice in the same project and summary task and it let me do it without any errors! 
    - did the same thing in Project Pro, just to make sure I can have same task name more than once under the same summary task. And it was OK!

For some reason, I believe the issue is in the databases. So I checked the fragmentation on the DBs and it was very high. This client didn't maintain their DB at all for the last 2 years. Never even backed up the DBs! 

I will try to rebuild the DB indexes tonight and see what happens. 

Ali Al . Consultant & Development Manager.
    epma
    FB TW IN

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:00 PM
  • Hello Ali, 

and what happen then, does the database maintenance helped here, how was this solved??

Thank you

Hany Zayed

Monday, January 19, 2015 10:42 AM
  • Have you tried to delete the timesheet and recreate.  Sometimes, the data in the timesheet gets changed, for example, the project manager deletes a TASK and then recreates the TASK with the same name.  Behind the scene, they are different task with unique GUID.  

The quickest fix is to delete the Timesheet and recreate and it should clean it up.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:18 PM