none
File Management Agent Setup Guide Required RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

We are looking to setup an MA to export data to a CSV file (which will be used as an import file by another system).

Could someone please point me to a step-by-step guide on how to do this. Will we also need any code to Export to the file?

Also, is it true that after installing FIM 2010 Update 2 we will be able to do Full Exports?

Thank you,

SK

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:18 AM

All replies

• SK - not sure what you're referring to with FIM 2010 update 2, but the concept of a "Full Export" has been around since MIIS/ILM days ... albeit that you had to "trick" the MA into thinking that your CD objects had all been deleted and needed to be re-created.  The best background explanation on exports of this type (in general) I've found is here, and scroll down to the bit about "when you want to export a complete connector space" (which is what you want to do ... possibly repeatedly).  So long as your text file MA is an "export only" MA (i.e. no IAFs) then you can have a dummy text file with nothing but a dummy record in it (to avoid stopping dead in your tracks with a "completed-no-objects" warning).  By performing a FI/DS on this file you should set up a pending export for EVERY object (and I suggest you filter out your dummy record to avoid an attempted delete of something that's non-existent).

Bob Bradley (FIMBob @ TheFIMTeam.com) ... now using Event Broker 3.0 for just-in-time delivery of FIM 2010 policy via the sync engine, and continuous compliance for FIM

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:47 PM
  • BTW - make sure that you will check File Connector by Henrik: http://fimfileconnector.codeplex.com/
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:46 PM
  • Hi Bob, thank you - somehow I was under the impression that Update 2 revealed a Full Export, as opposed to a Delta Export (which is the default).

Tomasz - may need to explore this route as this one has a Full Export option 'out of the box', thank you.

regards

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:50 AM