none
Windows media player no sound on VM (VDI) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have VMs with Windows 7 corporate. Connection is through thin client Dell Wyse Dx0D. I have Jabra Evolve 20 SE and redirect it to VMs, it is define as it must be.

The problem is: when i set the default sound as Citrix HDX Audio i have sound everywhere: skype, browsers, WMP etc. - everywhere.

When i set the default sound as Jabra Evolve 20 SE (and other models too, i have about 15 pieces) i have all sound except for WMP. In WMP (v. 12.017763.379) i have no sound. I'l try to set default sound device in WMP - it is does't help.

The problem is the same on all VMs.

any recommendations?

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Please check the following article about how to fix no sound issue in Windows media player.

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/computer-problems/windows-media-player-no-sound.html

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

2. Try to update the audio driver in device manager: right-click them and update the dirver.

3. Reinstall the Windows media player in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\trun Windows features on or off:

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:06 AM
  • Nothing help me in this case.

Interesting thing is that by jack 3,5 i have sound in WMP too, i'l tru to use another usb headfones to exclude Jabra problems

Friday, March 29, 2019 3:03 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

According to your description, it seems that the issue is not related to WMP software.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post here.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:46 AM