Republishing 6.2 Views in 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

We have a client using 6.2 Desktop and PAS currently.  I am about to upgrade them both to 6.3 however I am wondering if I can retrieve their views which they created in 6.2, save them locally then republish them to the 6.3 server once installed?  Will these views be able to be viewed ok in both desktop and PAS?

Thanks!

Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Larry.  You can publish 6.2 views to a 6.3 PAS database so saving them locally then re-publishing after install is an option.  The Analytics Server Admin utility has a 'Migrate Repository' button under server properties where you can copy database content to a new or existing PAS database.  You can also install 6.3 using the current 6.2 database and it will upgrade it to 6.3.

The views should work fine in both the professional and standard client.  Best practice suggests to have all professional clients on the same version as the PAS server.

hth

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Larry.  You can publish 6.2 views to a 6.3 PAS database so saving them locally then re-publishing after install is an option.  The Analytics Server Admin utility has a 'Migrate Repository' button under server properties where you can copy database content to a new or existing PAS database.  You can also install 6.3 using the current 6.2 database and it will upgrade it to 6.3.

The views should work fine in both the professional and standard client.  Best practice suggests to have all professional clients on the same version as the PAS server.

hth

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:21 PM
  • Perfect, thanks for your help, cheers

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:46 PM