USB 2.0 High Speed Flash---Speedbooster option RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Vista x64 Home premium. I am excited to find out that Vista can utilize USB 2.0 High Speed flash memory as internal system memory. I ordered a 2GB USB Pendrive that displayed the USB 2.0 High Speed logo. It did not work with Vista as a "Speedbooster drive".

I have learned that all USB 2.0 High Speed drives are not created equal.

Can anyone tell me their specific name brand and model of Flash drive that is currently working on Vista in the "Speedbooster" mode.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:30 AM

All replies

• I having the same problem my windows don't detect my pendrive!!!

They can't install the drive, the windows search for the drive found then but can't intall

Sunday, August 5, 2007 12:54 AM
  •  

had this problem a couple of times also with my usb mouse.

I found a bit of a messy fix:

Remove all usb device, go into device manger, then unistal all usb references. (helps if you use a ps2 mouse & keyboard to do this). Remove all USB ROOT HUBs and USB HOST CONTROLLERS.

Reboot the system

Wait for new hardware to be found.

Wait for vista to fail to find the drivers.

Wait for vista to ask for the disk.

Click advanced to search for the drivers on the system, then look in C:\Windows\system32 (remembering to check the click box to search subfolders)

Click finish, then repeat for each...........

Plug in the pen drive / flash memory key / mp3 player etc, and everything is detected and installs correctly.

As for speedboost a cheap and cheery old 256mb memory key was fine but a new cable & wireless usb keys didn't work.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 9:47 PM