PerformancePoint 2010 - Scorecard Scoring Method: Decreasing is better RRS feed

• Question

• We are attempting to migrate from MOSS 2007 to SP2010, and we have successfully imported the files from our 2007 environment. When looking at the data for one of our score cards, I see discreptancies between what the scoring pattern should and should not do. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what I may be doing wrong. This works in 2007, but not in 2010.

Scoring Pattern: Decreasing is better, Banding Method: Band by normalized value of Actual/Target, Worst Value: 120

Best: 0%, Threshold 2: 95%, Threshold 1: 99.99%, Worst: 120%

Example:

Actual: $137, 162

Budget: 142, 541

The percentage ends up to be about 96%, or maybe I am wrong? The indicator still ends up being red,but it should be yellow.

1 - ((Actual Value - Worst)/(Target Value - Worst) )

Any help would be much appreciated.

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:08 PM

Answers

• HI Andy,

I believe the issue was because of my worst value, I was setting it up as a percentage percentage. In reality this is a whole number to and not a percentage. The worst value in this method is really a business case specified by the analyts you are working with.

In this scenario, I switched my banding method to be by stated score. I created calcuations in the cube that returns decimal between -1 and 1 which fixes the status indicator. Let me know if you need any additional help.

Thanks,

Don

• Marked as answer by ddrake87 Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:10 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:10 PM

All replies

• I'm still having this issue, can anyone think of what I could be doing wrong?

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:50 PM
  • This is a difficult part of PPS to figure out.  It seems like it should be straight forward since many organizations would be interested in comparing your actualbudget to targetbudget metrics. 

If we are under great it is green

If we are over by 10% of budget yellow

If we are over by more than 10% of budget red

Odd, but I cannot find a single example on the blogs?  Can someone help with the correct steps to compare budget informatinon using a sharepoint list as a data source.

Columns on the list: RecordID, ActualBudget, Budget. 

We need to simply compare ActualBudget to Budget and follow the pattern given above.  Masters, please help.

Andy A.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 9:01 PM
  • HI Andy,

I believe the issue was because of my worst value, I was setting it up as a percentage percentage. In reality this is a whole number to and not a percentage. The worst value in this method is really a business case specified by the analyts you are working with.

In this scenario, I switched my banding method to be by stated score. I created calcuations in the cube that returns decimal between -1 and 1 which fixes the status indicator. Let me know if you need any additional help.

Thanks,

Don

• Marked as answer by ddrake87 Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:10 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Also it was determined that the real result of the 2007 environment were using banding method "the band by normalized value actual/target" was incorrect.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:12 PM