none
DPM 2012 Reporting won't run RRS feed

  • Question

  • I upgraded from DPM 2010 to 2012 and I'm trying to access the Reporting. I never tried using the Reporting while it was still DPM 2010.

    The original error I got was "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help"

    Instead of setting the original service account to logon locally I changed the service account under the SQL Reporting Config and verified it was running in services. I also stopped all SQL (DPM2010) services while leaving the SQL (DPM2012) services running.

    Now when I access the Reporting tab in DPM Console it just says it's initializing.

    Friday, April 20, 2012 1:34 PM

Answers

  • After working with the DPM and SQL teams at Microsoft this turned out to be an easy fix.

    MS SQL engineer had me go into Reporting Services Configuration Manager, Report Manager URL, click on URL.
    Open only link (DPMReports_withsomelongGUIDtypename), then open DPMReportDataSource.
    Check box labeled "Credentials Stored Securely in the Report Server"
    Enter domain\username then password
    Check "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source"
    Hit Test then Apply


    • Edited by Carltonw1 Monday, July 30, 2012 3:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Carltonw1 Monday, July 30, 2012 3:25 PM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 3:25 PM

All replies

  • Hi Carltonw1,

    I hope this blogpost will help you: http://robertanddpm.blogspot.se/2010/05/report-access-problem.html

    Please respond back regarding your progress =)


    Best Regards

    Robert Hedblom

    MVP DPM


    Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

    Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:14 PM
    Moderator
  • Robert,

    I verified those settings are already set.

    Monday, April 23, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Anything in the local application or system logs?

    Best Regards

    Robert Hedblom

    MVP DPM


    Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:29 AM
    Moderator
  • I don't see any warnings or errors in either log.

    I should point out that I completely uninstalled DPM and the SQL DPM databases and reinstalled DPM 2012 from scratch. Even after all of that I still can't access the reports.

    Now when I try to run any of the reports I am asked for a username and password which it takes then it comes up with a screen that asks for:

    "Enter a user name and password to access the data source:"

    I've tried using the domain admin account and my account, but it won't take either.

    • Edited by Carltonw1 Friday, April 27, 2012 1:05 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 1:01 PM
  • After working with the DPM and SQL teams at Microsoft this turned out to be an easy fix.

    MS SQL engineer had me go into Reporting Services Configuration Manager, Report Manager URL, click on URL.
    Open only link (DPMReports_withsomelongGUIDtypename), then open DPMReportDataSource.
    Check box labeled "Credentials Stored Securely in the Report Server"
    Enter domain\username then password
    Check "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source"
    Hit Test then Apply


    • Edited by Carltonw1 Monday, July 30, 2012 3:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Carltonw1 Monday, July 30, 2012 3:25 PM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 3:25 PM
  • For me it turned out to be two things

    1. After installing Reporting Services, I needed to create the reporting services database (obvious step)

    2. Within Reporting Services, under the web services URL tab, I had to select "ConfigMgr SQL Server Identification Certificate" within the SSL Certificate field. This automatically set the port to 443

    Doing step two, also created the Reports Virtual Directory.

    My config for DPM was, SQL Server 2012 with DPM 2012 SP1.

    I was then able to successfully install DPM 2012 SP1

    Hope this helps.

    Monday, July 8, 2013 12:59 AM
  • Hi,

    I had nearly the same issue. In our case the catalog name in the connection string was wrong.

    The catalog contains something like a UID

    Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=DPMDB_XXX_X_XXX3fc41eeb_b63f_470e_96dd_7018a3edd2e3;Data Source=XXX_X_XXX

    After removing the 'UID' everything works fine..
    Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=DPMDB_XXX_X_XXX;Data Source=XXX_X_XXX

    Monday, September 18, 2017 8:30 AM