Forward a call to a specific department RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Our receptionist recently started using Lync attendant. She answers all inbound calls and re-directs as necessary. Some of the calls are meant for our Customer Service department which contains 8 employees. Is there a method to re-direct the calls to a predefined group of users after she’s answered it? Ideally it would ring the users that are currently available to answer the call when she attempts to forward it. She is currently browsing the list of the users in the Customer Service department to find those who are available and it's not the most efficient method.

I found the call forwarding options but that seems to only allow me to ring a group of users simultaneously when she receives the call, after a delay, or if she’s not available. I considered having her attempt to forward the call to a distribution group but that typically contains managers who should not be included.  I don’t normally administer our Lync configurations (our SysAdmin recently left and we are in the process of hiring a replacement). Thank you!

• Edited by HBTech Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:46 PM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:44 PM

Answers

• You can create a response group, add Customer Service department employees as the agent of that response group. Then receptionist can forward the call to the response group.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398373.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:54 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:33 PM