none
How is the TapeWritePeriodRatio and TapeExpiryTolerance set in DPM 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• I see the Global Property for TapeWritePeriodRatio has been removed in DPM 2012.  I'm having issues filling my tapes and wanted to set these variables to 1 and 100 respectively.  How do I do this in DPM 2012?  I have created a colocation group and put all my protection groups into it.  They all have the same retention period, so I'm not sure why I'm not filling the tapes.

Thanks!

Jim

Monday, February 20, 2012 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Each CoLocation protection group you create allows you to specify the Write period and the Expiry tolerance. You need to click on the "Advanced" button to see those options.  So, select a CoLocation protection group, click on Modify, then Advanced.   The Help link has useful information and examples.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:50 PM