none
Remote Web Access problem RRS feed

• Question

• This machine has been working just fine.  It still is internally but RWA has started to throw 403 - Forbidden Access messages and no one can logon from outside.  Here's what I know:  1) We changed ISP's and they added a router to the configuration.  Pass through from the new router seems to be working as I can ping remote.ourdomain.com and get a response.  2) Our SSL cert has not expired and I've validated it using sslshopper.com.  I've rebooted the box several times with no luck.  I'm not sure what I'm fighting but I'm fairly sure it would be internal.  If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate the help.

Mike

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 10:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try restart below service and check the result:
    Remote Desktop Gateway

Besides, as you had mentioned that, problem happens after changing ISP and adding router. In general, network configuration is automatically done by built-in wizard, such as Connect To The Internet Wizard, it detects the router and configures the server to use it for Internet access. And Set up your Internet address, help you to establish a presence for SBS on the Internet. 

If possible, it is recommended to re-run above build-in wizard on SBS console about network configuration. Before it, you may try to manually check and confirm that if the DNS entry and necessary ports are configured. 

Reference “Getting Started with Windows Small Business Server 2011” for detail information:
    https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2228459&seqNum=2

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:43 AM
  • I've stopped and restarted the service - no change in results.  The A records in are pointed in the right direction as I'm able to ping "remote.ourserver.com" and get a return.  This would also indicate that the required ports are open.  

I'm fairly certain that the problem is internal as the person trying to login gets the "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied..." page in return.  I've checked and re-checked the SSL cert and it is valid and hasn't expired.  

What is SBS am I missing?  Is there something in the default website that I can check?

Mike

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:29 PM