none
Can PFDAVAdmin be installed on Exchange 2007 with Windows 2008R2? RRS feed

• Question

•    Hello to all, I accessed the link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22427 that does not mention Windows 2008 or Windows 2008R2 (all with Exchange 2007) as options to install PFDAVAdmin . Questions:

1- Does this version of PFDAVAdmin work with Exchange 2007 with Windows 2008R2?

2- If not for the first question, do you know if there is a newer version that work with Exchange 2007 over Windows 2008R2?

Best regards, EEOC.

Monday, September 24, 2012 8:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you not run it from a workstation or server that is listed in the list of supported operating systems?  It doesn't need to be run from the Exchange Server.

Tony www.activedir.org blog:www.open-a-socket.com

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:04 PM
  • Agree with Tony. We may install this tool in a client computer and connect to Exchange server to manage the public folder.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:22 AM
  •    Hello Tony, I understand your point. I ask this question because there is a internal procedure that states that all Exchange servers need to have this tool installed and as all are sit on a Windows 2008R2 I raised the question. On my understanding Windows 2008/R2 is not a supported OS for this tool and the best practice is to install it on a workstation, right?

Best regards, EEOC.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:39 PM
  • On my understanding Windows 2008/R2 is not a supported OS for this tool and the best practice is to install it on a workstation, right?

Best regards, EEOC.

Correct.

Tony www.activedir.org blog:www.open-a-socket.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:59 PM
  • If no more questions on this thread, we may mark it as answered. THanks.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:48 AM