Prior error 1335 fixes did not work RRS feed

• Question

• I am reinstalling Office Pro Plus 2007 on my Vista machine.  I received error 1335 again. I tried the previous suggestion of copying the instalation disk to my hard drive (temp of course) and running the installation from there.  It had the same problem only the error message was in spanish this time.  Any solutions.
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:23 PM

Answers

•  

here is your problem described :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314810

error 1335   when installing Office means : "CORRUPTED *.CAB files" and that is because the structure of the disk is not readable.

obviously your CD is damaged. Try cleaning it . ( copying data from a damaged cd to the drive copies the damaged data, too ) .

This is no Vista Error.

I installed different Office versions on different Vistas and have never errors .

The OS Tweaking Guy ;)
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 27, 2010 5:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:07 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 5:07 AM

All replies

•  

here is your problem described :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314810

error 1335   when installing Office means : "CORRUPTED *.CAB files" and that is because the structure of the disk is not readable.

obviously your CD is damaged. Try cleaning it . ( copying data from a damaged cd to the drive copies the damaged data, too ) .

This is no Vista Error.

I installed different Office versions on different Vistas and have never errors .

The OS Tweaking Guy ;)
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 27, 2010 5:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:07 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 5:07 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your posting.

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum while this issue is more Office product related, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Microsoft Office Forum for discussion.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Smartie77nrw Monday, December 27, 2010 5:56 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 5:41 AM