none
Project Server 2010 - Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm having trouble with users trying to access Issues, Risks and Documents sections in Project Details. None of the users, whether they are members of Project Managers or Team Members can see any of these pop-ups in a project. All groups are default, with default permissions,  I've also tried giving them slightly broader permissions

I tried using my own Team member account, and joining it into Administrator group to see whether it will succeed, but no good came of it. The only account able to access the pop-ups is the main Administrator account.

Any suggestions? :(

Friday, August 27, 2010 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hello Raptus

Has the project been published?  The team cannot seen anything, until something is published.  Prior to publishing, you are basically in the planning mode and everything is only seen by the owner.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP,MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, August 27, 2010 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hello Raptus

Has the project been published?  The team cannot seen anything, until something is published.  Prior to publishing, you are basically in the planning mode and everything is only seen by the owner.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP,MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, August 27, 2010 2:54 PM
  • Yes, the Project Manager has published the project, and I'm able to change percentage of job done etc.

Since there are numerous other issues with user accounts (such as Executive group member not able to enter Project details), I will try to reset permissions and start over. Wish me luck :)
    Friday, August 27, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Yes, the Project Manager has published the project, and I'm able to change percentage of job done etc.

Since there are numerous other issues with user accounts (such as Executive group member not able to enter Project details), I will try to reset permissions and start over. Wish me luck :)

Hello Raptus,

In your previous post you mention "... not able to enter Project details"; Have you found a scenario where a Executive group member cannot see Project details views?

Regards,

Bernardo EC

Monday, October 4, 2010 7:57 PM