none
AD Discovery errors with forward slashes? RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed that in my adsgdis.log I get errors with everything that has a "/" in the path.  Any LDAP path that has either a group name or an OU that contains a forward slash in the name generates an error and I don't get a DDR created for it. 

Here is an example of what I am getting:

Error to get ADSObject : LDAP://CN=BusOps-ISD-Web/SQL,OU=Distribution Lists,OU=5.5 Resource Accounts,OU=Mail,OU=Servers,DC=orau,DC=net (E_ADS_BAD_PATHNAME)

Notice the forward slash in the name "BusOps-ISD-Web/SQL"?  When I filter in SMS Trace for "error" - I noticed that I am getting those errors for everything that has a forward slash in the name.  Group names or OU names, it doesn't matter.

Help?

Friday, January 2, 2009 2:48 PM

Answers

• This may be a stupid question but why is there an extra "/" in there? Normally when I see LDAP paths they do not have that. Is there a "/" in the actaul container name? If so maybe that's not being handled properly. I wouldn't think you could "legally" put a slash in a container name.
    John Marcum, Systems Management Architect - www.TrueSec.com
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 1:53 AM

All replies

• Check you're query again which you mentioned in the Active Directory System Group Discovery

sanka 
    Friday, January 2, 2009 4:24 PM
  • What query?  These errors are generated when Active Directory System Group Discovery happens.  I have it set to include groups, recursive, and it points to the top level of my domain.
    Friday, January 2, 2009 8:37 PM
  • This may be a stupid question but why is there an extra "/" in there? Normally when I see LDAP paths they do not have that. Is there a "/" in the actaul container name? If so maybe that's not being handled properly. I wouldn't think you could "legally" put a slash in a container name.
    John Marcum, Systems Management Architect - www.TrueSec.com
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 1:53 AM