Windows 10 compatibility with Age of Empires RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot believe how many requests for assistance from users there are on this topic for so long, yet there is no sensible reply or fix from Microsoft. I see where users have narrowed down the cause of the problem and given detailed logs. Yet, all I see back in the form of responses are canned answers, and suggestions to do obvious things that people have already done and have not resolved the issue. It appears Microsoft is stumped. That leads me to think that, perhaps, it was a known issue, and you kicked it out anyway, in hopes that some user would fix it for you for free.  The most embarrassing part, is that you can't blame it on another developer.  It is Microsoft's own product!  Really?  Shameful.  This is but one of a string of issues I've had since Windows 10.  What is Microsoft going to do about this?
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:31 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:35 PM
  • I encountered an issue with a fresh install of AoE Gold myself on Win 10. If you get the x020222 (something like this) error when trying to run the game - you can solve this by going to Windows Settings - Turn on or off Windows Features - Legacy Support - Enable DirectPlay.
    Monday, October 16, 2017 10:46 PM
  • For crying out loud Microsoft, press a damn disc already without the SafeDisc "protection" so we can FINALLY run on Windows 10.  Age of Empires 2 and Conquerors.  There is plenty of demand for a pressing.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:47 PM