none
Unable to restore system protection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have DPM server 2012 R2 and I have created a System restore protection of a Windows 2012 servers.

The system restore included BRM ,system state and Volume C:.

When I look ant the protection of the servers I see the System State and BRM and C:\ are backup OK.

When I try to restore the Data the console does not display recovery dates . Retention time is 5 days .

It look as is there are no recovery point available. 

Can anyone tell me why and how can I access the data on the DPM server manually so I can restore a server.

Thanks

Itamar

Itamar

Monday, March 17, 2014 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you select the system protection or C:\ datasource under the protection tab, what is the number of recovery points and the oldest and latest recovery point dates ?

Under the recovery tab, when you expand out the datasources, if you right-click the c:\ or system protection on the right pane and select "List all recovery points" - do they get listed - if so, choose one and click on restore.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:00 AM
  • Hi

Thank for your replay.

For a specific server I get no Recovery points for any date.

When I click on system protection I get no information at all.

The date option is grayed out.

It look like there is no Data at all.

Every day I checked and made sure that all replicas were synced.

Itamar 

Itamar

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:44 AM