Calls disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• Hello awesome S4B community,

Can someone give me a few ideas what could be the reason for which some calls between internal users are disconnected after 3 minutes, with diagnostic id 51012?

I can see in the Diagnostic Header that "reason="Caller timeout on no response", but this doesn't make any sense since the call is already connected for 3 minutes.

Can you please advise?

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi sabinv,

I have seen the similar situation, that the call will drop after 30 min automatically, the issue is resolved by set the Set-CsTrunkConfiguration-EnableSessionTimer $ True, so you could try it and test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, February 27, 2017 8:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by sabinv Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:04 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi sabinv,

For this issue, we suggest you run Get-CsTrunkConfiguration and check if the session timer is enabled. If not, please try and run Set-CsTrunkConfiguration-EnableSessionTimer $ True.

Also run Set-CsTrunkConfiguration -RTCPActiveCalls $false -RTCPCallsOnHold $false.

This article is for your reference
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398238.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:48 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Hello Alice,

Thanks for your response.

Indeed the EnableSessionTimer parameter is set to False, and I see no problem to enable it.

On the other hand, for both RTCPActiveCalls and RTCOCallsOnHold which are set on True, I am a little skeptical to set to False. Also, in the document you sent me, it states "Note that disabling the checks for received RTCP media for active calls in Skype for Business Server 2015 elements removes an important safeguard for detecting a dropped peer and should be done only if necessary."

Do you think it would be enough just to enable the EnableSessionTimer?

Thanks,

Sabin.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:20 AM
  • Hi sabinv,

I have seen the similar situation, that the call will drop after 30 min automatically, the issue is resolved by set the Set-CsTrunkConfiguration-EnableSessionTimer $ True, so you could try it and test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, February 27, 2017 8:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by sabinv Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:04 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 8:20 AM
  • Thanks, Alice.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:04 AM
  • You are welcome. If any other question, welcome to post in our forum, we glad to help you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:27 AM