none
Opening rpmsg attachments RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we received today an email message with an attachment "message.rpmsg" form one of our partners. I know that it is a message prottected RMS. The message says

"This message is protected with Microsoft Information
    Protection. You can open it using Microsoft Outlook, which is available for
    iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS."

I 've tried to register with Azure Rights Management for individuals, downloaded the client for Rights Management but the client says that it can't open the file. Also i can't open it with Outlook 2013.

How can i open it??

Thank you in advance, George

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:27 PM

All replies

• You need an email client that supports protected messages (which Outlook 2013 does), and authenticate by using the same email address that was used to send you the email. When you say you "tried to register with Azure Rights Management for individuals", were you successful?  Did you specify the same email address as the one that was used to send you the protected email?  If you did, sign in to Outlook using that account and then try to open the protected email.

Alternatively, if you have an iOS or Android mobile device that doesn't have Office Mobile installed, install the Azure Information Protection app and when prompted, supply your RMS for individuals user name and password. See How do I get started with the viewer app?

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:11 PM