none
Component is not adding in IE8 Manage Add-ons RRS feed

• Question

• I have one appliation which having many .dll, at the time of installtion few of them are adding in IE8 Manage Add-ons in windows 7.0 32 bit operationg system. so i am able to get all the result from my application.

But when i am going to install that application in Windows 7 64 bit operating system one .dll is not adding in IE8 add-ons. So
    i am not getting expected result from my application.

Prerequisite for this application for installation:

1)MicrosoftDotNETRedistributable4.5
    2)MSXML6.0
    3)Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable_v4.0.30319

It is very much urgent, could anyone please tell me what is the reason behind.
    Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Sanjoy

Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

IE8 comes in 2 versions, depending upon the bitness of your windows version.

On x64 chipsets you get x86 IE and x64IE..... x86 chipsets you only get x86 IE8....

x64 versions of IE cannot load the x86 ActiveX controls and IE addons that are compiled for an x86 target platform and so the x64 version uses a different node in the registry to identify addons and IEaddons that are x64 compiled.. (WOW64).

for questions about IE Extension development please post to the IE Extensions development forum...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ieextensiondevelopment/threads

Rob^_^

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:40 AM
  • Hi Sanjoy,

Whether this application is provided by yourself, if so, it is better to ask this issue in MSDN forum for more help.

If not, it is better to contact the provide for more help. Thanks,

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

IE8 comes in 2 versions, depending upon the bitness of your windows version.

On x64 chipsets you get x86 IE and x64IE..... x86 chipsets you only get x86 IE8....

x64 versions of IE cannot load the x86 ActiveX controls and IE addons that are compiled for an x86 target platform and so the x64 version uses a different node in the registry to identify addons and IEaddons that are x64 compiled.. (WOW64).

for questions about IE Extension development please post to the IE Extensions development forum...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ieextensiondevelopment/threads

Rob^_^

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:40 AM
  • Hi Sanjoy,

Whether this application is provided by yourself, if so, it is better to ask this issue in MSDN forum for more help.

If not, it is better to contact the provide for more help. Thanks,

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:04 AM