none
It crashes when I try to change the font... RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed a 32bit version of project 2010 professional and I can't change the font type without the program stopping to work.

It's so weird...

I havent' activated yet... and probably won't, since it doesn't work! O_o

Does anybody had the same problem?

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:14 PM

Answers

• Hello Marcelo,

Have you tested the printer settings ? If possible, pls try another printer as default. Printers may sometimes cause font related problems.

Regards. --Ismet
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:27 AM

All replies

• Have you installed SP1 update ?
    Regards. --Ismet
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:56 PM
  • Marcelo,

How are you attempting to change the "font type" -- by selecting all tasks or through changing the Text Style.

I'm not sure I understand your reluctance to activate the installation -- can you explain more?

Julie

Friday, August 26, 2011 1:10 PM
  • Julie,

I just wrote some text in one of the cells, selected it and clicked in the font name box above. Immediately the program stops working and closes.

I already tried to uninstall it and installed all over again... The same happens.

It's really annoying.

And I also tried to install the SP1, Ismet. It didn't solve the problem either...

Friday, August 26, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Sorry, I can't repro this.  I have added tasks and can change the font face, size, color using both the options on the Home tab as well as the floating menu.  Which field were you entering data into?

Julie

Friday, August 26, 2011 1:36 PM
  • I have seen this happen on project schedules that were created in Project 2007 and then imported to Project Server 2010.  If that is your situation, there are some scripts available from Microsoft support that will find and delete orphan records that are corrupting your schedule.
    Reid McTaggart Partner DeltaBahn LLC
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Hello Marcelo,

Have you tested the printer settings ? If possible, pls try another printer as default. Printers may sometimes cause font related problems.

Regards. --Ismet
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:27 AM
  • Hello Marcelo,

How is your progress so far ?

Regards. --Ismet
    Monday, October 24, 2011 12:39 PM