Performance point Scorecard Error with parelleperiod RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have created Last year Actual Value with Parelleperiod function. My Turnover KPI Last year Actual value MDX calculation as follows. (PARALLELPERIOD([Calendar].[Calendar].[Year],1, [Calendar].[Calendar].CurrentMember),[Measures].[Profit After Tax]) Similar manner i have calculated the Contribution also. My Calendar hirachey is Year Quarter Month In scorecard i have used Calendar as Filter. If i filter calendar with one month or multiple month within the Quarter Score card Values appearing Correctly.(My Score card KPI Value consists with Actual,Budget,Last year Actual and Growth ) Values. If i select the Calendar with four month with different Quarters Last year Actual Value will appear with Error. pls. Try to help me to solve this problem. Calendar: June , July Current Year Current Year Last Year Actual Budget Actual % Growth TURNOVER 7,218 8,220 ERROR! ERROR! CONTRIBUTION 1,174 1,470 ERROR! ERROR!
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:07 AM

Answers

• If you are selecting multiple values from the filter and placing this in the background as a filter to the scorecard you will receive errors.  If you place the calendar members you selected on the rows or columns you will get values.  This is how the CurrentMember reference works.  You won't be able to have a Set of values in the background, but you could place it on the columns or rows.  If you want to place it in the background as a filter then you will only be able to select a single item from the calendar filter.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, October 2, 2009 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi I have created Last year Actual Value with Parelleperiod function. My Turnover KPI Last year Actual value MDX calculation as follows. (PARALLELPERIOD([Calendar].[Calendar].[Year],1, [Calendar].[Calendar].CurrentMember),[Measures].[Profit After Tax]) Similar manner i have calculated the Contribution also. My Calendar hirachey is Year Quarter Month In scorecard i have used Calendar as Filter. If i filter calendar with one month or multiple month within the Quarter Score card Values appearing Correctly.(My Score card KPI Value consists with Actual,Budget,Last year Actual and Growth ) Values. If i select the Calendar with four month with different Quarters Last year Actual Value will appear with Error. pls. Try to help me to solve this problem. Calendar: June , July Current Year Current Year Last Year Actual Budget Actual % Growth TURNOVER 7,218 8,220 ERROR! ERROR! CONTRIBUTION 1,174 1,470 ERROR! ERROR!
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:36 AM
  • If you are selecting multiple values from the filter and placing this in the background as a filter to the scorecard you will receive errors.  If you place the calendar members you selected on the rows or columns you will get values.  This is how the CurrentMember reference works.  You won't be able to have a Set of values in the background, but you could place it on the columns or rows.  If you want to place it in the background as a filter then you will only be able to select a single item from the calendar filter.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, October 2, 2009 1:38 AM