none
Reporting from Project to a specific Excel document RRS feed

• Question

• Morning,

My programme manager would like the information on our key milestones to be extracted to an existing Excel document. The Excel is formatted in a way so as to be presented to the Board on a monthly basis.

I've tried linking the Excel document to the plan using the paste special technique but this has proven to be difficult, to put it politely. No matter how rigid I am with my links and saving frequently, it corrupts and I have to start afresh.

is there a way of pulling the information I need (just the dates, RAG and comments) in to this Excel document easily please?

Thank you!

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:12 AM

All replies

• Dewsey83,

First, do not use paste links as they are fragile and prone to corruption, as you have found out the hard way.

I assume by "comments" you mean the information in the Project Notes field. See the following Wiki article, it should address most of what you need and with some modifications, will do exactly what you want.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32126.ms-project-truncated-project-notes-when-viewingexporting.aspx

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 3:52 PM