GPO Outlook Notes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm just wondering if it was possible to block the Outlook Notes feature in group policy?

thank you

• Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:34 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean the Notes navigation pane in Outlook?

If so, you can modify the following registry key to hide the Notes module.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Preferences
    REG_SZ: ModuleVisible15
    Value: 1,1,1,1,0,1,1,0,0

(x.0 in above registry path represents 16.0 for Outlook 2016, 15.0 for Outlook 2013, 14.0 for Outlook 2010)

However, after modifying the above registry key, the Notes is still accessible via the Folders module or pressing Ctrl+5. If you want to totally remove the Notes folder, you can use the following macro:

Option Explicit

Public Sub HideFolders()

Dim oFolder As Outlook.Folder
    Dim oPA As Outlook.propertyAccessor
    Dim PropName, Value, FolderType As String

PropName = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x10F4000B"
    Value = True

Set oFolder = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder
    Set oPA = oFolder.propertyAccessor

oPA.SetProperty PropName, Value

Set oFolder = Nothing
    Set oPA = Nothing
    End Sub

See this article for more details:

How to Hide or Delete Outlook's Default Folders

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. )

If I've misunderstood something, feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:03 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:25 AM
  • Is there a way to hide it from the Folders module and disabling CTRL + 5 that isn't a script?
    • Edited by Jim1450 Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:51 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:51 AM
  • Is there a way to hide it from the Folders module and disabling CTRL + 5 that isn't a script?

For single users, you can use the MFCMAPI tool delete the Notes folder, but unfortunately, I haven't found a method to accomplish this for multiple users at a time.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 28, 2018 9:34 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2018 9:48 AM
  • 

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Friday, September 28, 2018 9:34 AM