WSUS Client Upgrade from 1511 (10586.753) to 1607 (14393.693), Windows Server 2016 - No more Updates available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed Windows 2016 to test  WSUS-Updates on my Windows 10 clients.
    Currently the Update from 1507 to 1511 works through WSUS.
    In the Upgrades menu I can find all "functional-updates for Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, de-de" and for example KB3213986.
    What else should I see or activate for the update from 1511 (or older) to the newest Version 1607 14393.693?

Here are my WSUS-Settings:

Products:
    - Windows 10
    - Windows 10 Anniversary Update an Later Servicing Drivers
    - Windows 10 Anniversary Update Server an Later Servicing Drivers
    Classifications:
    - Definition Updates
    - Security Updates
    - Upgrades
    - important Updates

Thanks for help

Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi agria,

>What else should I see or activate for the update from 1511 (or older) to the newest Version 1607 14393.693?

Please check the WSUS IIS site to see if you have added .esd mime type (If you upgrade win10 clients to 1511 via WSUS server successfully, then you might have already add .esd mime type).

Then, check if clients could download and install the upgrade from WSUS successfully, if you meet issue, please check the following article to see if the WSUS server is in bad state:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3194588

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 13, 2017 6:19 AM
  • The mime type was added as "application/octet-stream".

The mentioned KB is only for Server 2012, but I have 2016!

I also installed the new GPOs from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53430 and tried any options in Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> Windows Components –> Delivery Optimization.

When I user "wuauclt /reportnow" I can see that WSUS ist updated, so I think the communication between Client and WSUS is OK.

The Active Directory Server is 2008R2, WSUS-Server is 2016

Friday, January 13, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi agria,

>The mentioned KB is only for Server 2012, but I have 2016!

I noticed it, while the KB mentions how to check if the file is encrypted. And generally, clients will fail to install the upgrade if the file is not encrypted, so, I provide it for your reference :)

Besides, does the server 2016 install the latest monthly rollup, if not, you may install it.

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 13, 2017 8:19 AM
  • The latest updates are installed.

The update will not fail to install, I can't see the update.

Friday, January 13, 2017 11:02 AM
  • Hi agria,

Just to check if you have got any progress with the issue.

If not, I would suggest open a case with MS, so that you may get more professional help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/support-options-for-business

Best Regards,

Anne

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:13 AM