none
BitLocker accepts pincode but Windows wont boot (related to 1709?) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure this is related to MDT at all. But here goes.

The issue is that after entering the BitLocker pincode nothing happens. This is only with build 1709 and not with 1703. And it occurs on old and new HP laptops. Doesn't seem to be any difference if BIOS is set to Legacy or UEFI+Secure Boot.

I can't say for sure, but it could be on maybe total 10 different HP's. What they have in common is the build 1709.

I've never seen the issue myself after a finished deployment and encryption. It always occur a few days after the computer has been out with the user. And I have not been able to replicate it yet.

We are deploying machines with MDT 8450 and ADK 1709. Our golden image is only modified in the way that it has the latest Windows Updates, nothing else.

What I have noticed in 1709 compared to 1703, is that even if you have BDEInstallSuppress=YES and BDEDisablePreProvisioning=YES in customsettings.ini and disabled the two BitLocker steps in TS. Windows still encrypts the C drive automatically. Don't know yet if it is related to the "main" issue though.

Appreciate all help I can get.

Best regards

Friday, March 9, 2018 4:59 PM

All replies

• Nothing? You mean, the dots where you entered the PIN are still there, no error message appears? If you keep typing afterwards, do new dots appear after the old dots?
    Saturday, March 10, 2018 7:25 PM
  • I have not seen issue at hand myself so I can't say for sure. I've only heard about the issue from our users.

And I've not been able to replicate it. It seems to happen though on both new and old newly deployed machines with 1709 only.

Saturday, March 10, 2018 8:12 PM
  • Then ask your people in advance to write down the answer to these 2 questions the next time they see the symptoms.
    Monday, March 12, 2018 7:29 AM