none
Can't get Consistency Check to Run - It just sits there RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm backing up Sharepoint 2010, and everything works but the system state, it says the replica is inconsistent. If I try to run a manual sync, it starts, and then just sits there. The time continues to tick, but no items are scanned, and no data is transferred. What could this be?

Looking at the sharepoint event logs, as soon as I start the sync, I see the SQL servers being backed up, and then a few of these messages, and then nothing. 

Ran out of time while expanding file specification \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy160\Windows\softwaredistribution\*.*.  

This was being done for the WUA subscriber. Operation:   

OnPostSnapshot event   

PostSnapshot EventContext:   

Execution Context: Shadow Copy Optimization Writer   

Execution Context: Writer   Writer Class Id: {4dc3bdd4-ab48-4d07-adb0-3bee2926fd7f}   

Writer Name: Shadow Copy Optimization Writer   

Writer Instance ID: {668bdcf9-2be9-4eb0-b9ff-c7d19d02c3ef}

Thanks,

John

Monday, February 4, 2013 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You will not see any data transferred until Windows Server backup successfully finishes the system state backup on the protected server.

DPM uses Windows backup to create a systemstate. Please check the protected server (PS) and make sure the Windows backup feature is installed and if already installed look for any event messages on the PS for Windows backup that may detail the cause of the failure.

Run this command from an administrative command prompt and see if it displays any additional errors:

wbadmin.exe start systemstatebackup -backuptarget:C:

Backup logs are located in 'C:\Windows\Logs\WindowsServerBackup

If the error isn't self-explanatory, please open a thread in the Windows backup group concerning the wbadmin error.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsbackup

Once Wbadmin can take a successful systemstate backup, DPM systemstate backups should succeed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by JohnnyRey Monday, February 18, 2013 7:39 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 10:05 PM