Logoff Background RRS feed

• Question

• When I logoff in Windows 8.1 I get an ugly background that I would like to change but cannot find how to do so on the Control Panel. 
    Monday, December 30, 2013 4:55 PM

All replies

• Roubaixbiker,

I took the following from this page explaining how to change pictures on your desktop, start and lock screens.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2.Tap or click PC and devices, then tap or click Lock screen.

3. If you want to use just one photo on your lock screen, tap or click Browse, and then choose the picture you want (you can choose photos on your PC or SkyDrive).

4. Tap or click the picture you want to use to select it, then tap or click Choose Image.

5. To play a slide show on your lock screen, tap or click Play a slide show on the lock screen to turn it on.

6. Tap or click Add a folder and browse to the folder where you saved the pictures you want to use.

7. Tap or click the folder to select it, tap or click Choose this folder, then tap or click OK. You can pick up to ten folders.

I hope this helps!

Mike

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Monday, December 30, 2013 7:03 PM
  • Michael,

I have tried that route many times with no luck.  I have a picture that I use for my desktop background, which shows up as one of the 5 backgrounds when I click Lock screen.  There are 4 others that are provided by Windows 8 and one of those always pops up when I logoff, even if I move those 4 pictures around in the Lock screen display.  All 4 of those are ugly images and I would be happy to permanently delete them.  Appreciate your help.

Monday, December 30, 2013 7:45 PM
  • There are 4 others that are provided by Windows 8 and one of those always pops up when I logoff, even if I move those 4 pictures around in the Lock screen display.  All 4 of those are ugly images and I would be happy to permanently delete them. 

Hi,

I'm sorry for not quite understand what's your mean. It would be better to take a ScreenShot for your problem.

In addition, to delte system default lockscreen image, you can access to the folder to delete them:

C:\Windows\Web\Screen

Note: You need to take the permission of these images, then you can choose delete them.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:23 PM