New Account to log into webmail to see our Support department email??? RRS feed

• Question

• ok, ill try to explain this easily.

We are looking into have an overnight call center having access to our support department emails for overnight emergency use. We dont want to give them access to our actual support login/pass, and want to create an account that they can use to log into Webmail(exchange 2003 sp2) and see only the support emails. any way to make this happen?

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:59 PM

All replies

• Sorry... Exchange 2003 SP2 - not supported... please upgrade to a higher version. And, I could not understand the question. Does it say when a user logs into his OWA, he should see only support departments email? what about his other emails?
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:27 PM
  • yes, i only want this user account to see the support emails. as there will not be an email address configured for this user account.

as far as exchange not being supported, i understand that and we are in the process of approving the upgrade to exchange 2010. will be a few months out, but need the above request resolved in the mean time.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:35 PM
  • I would say, using sharepoint for such requirement would be ideal. In Exchange, when you log into a mailbox, you pretty much see all the mails in that mailbox. As far as I know, not real way to get away from this behavior.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:31 PM
  • is there a way to allow the user to see their emails, and also the support emails, though webmail?

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:43 PM
  • Sorry for the delayed response. I don't understand the question again. I apologize. What do we mean by support emails through webmail?

Yes, users can see their emails through webmail (Outlook Web Access).

Monday, June 23, 2014 10:59 AM