Going online with Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just purchased 3 new laptops with Windows Vista.  We are AOL dialup.  How do we get an internet connection?

The internet wizard just gives us an error message.  Can we not even use Windows Explorer.  We get the error when trying to do anything to get online with the new Visa.  Very unhappy.  Can we change out the Vista for Windows XP or are we just stuck with what we bought?

Monday, January 14, 2008 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

To help you resolve the problem more efficiently, we need to firstly narrow down the problem’s scope.

Please refer to the following page that I found in AOL website:

http://info.aol.co.uk/help/dialup/

If the network is properly set up according to the instruction from AOL. Please let me know:

1.   The exact error message you received.

2.   The system information of your computer, especially motherboard and network adapter.

That’s very important for further troubleshooting. Thanks!

Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:34 AM