Exchange Server 2010 Test-Mailbox problem/question RRS feed

• Question

• We have multiple Domains with Exchnage CAS Server in one Domain and the mailbox server in another domain. When I create the SCOM MP User the user is created at the Mailbox Server domain and the SCOM raise alerts that no user ist avaiable. The SCOM search the user at his own domain. Whta can I do to correct the MP or how can I create the user in the correct domain?
    Friday, March 22, 2013 1:26 PM

Answers

• from what I understand in the MP Guide and the info you send, you are not supposed to be getting those alerts. I understand that you mentioned that you created the account in the AD domain where the mailbox server resides, but if the alert was logged after the account was created, then there may be problems with that account, or the account was not created properly.

The MP Guide says to create (if needed) multiple mailboxes for different sites. do you have a scenario like that?

here is the procedure from the MP guide.

Create Test Mailboxes for Synthetic Transaction Tests

The Exchange 2010 Management Pack can run synthetic transactions to help you measure the performance of monitored objects in your Exchange organization. The Exchange 2010 Management Pack uses the Test-OwaConnectivity, Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity, and Test-WebServicesConnectivity cmdlets to test Microsoft Office Outlook Web App, Exchange ActiveSync, and Exchange Web Services connectivity from Client Access servers to Mailbox servers. These cmdlets require that a test mailbox be created in each Active Directory site that you want to test. For more information about synthetic transactions, see Monitoring by Using Synthetic Transactions in the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 documentation.

If you don't create a test mailbox on one or more Mailbox servers, the Management Pack will return the following warning: “The test mailbox was not initialized. Run new-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1 to ensure that the test mailbox is created.”

Perform the following steps to create a test mailbox for Outlook Web App, Exchange ActiveSync, and Exchange Web Services connectivity monitoring.

In this procedure you create test mailboxes for Outlook Web App, Exchange ActiveSync, and Exchange Web Services to monitor connectivity by using PowerShell to run the New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1 script.

1.    Open the Exchange Management Shell.
    2.    In the Shell, change directory to the C:\ Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts folder by running the following command:

Set-Location C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts

1.    Run the test-user script using the following command:

New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1

1.    Follow the on-screen installation instructions in the Shell to create the test mailbox. You'll be prompted to enter a temporary secure password for creating test users. You'll also be prompted to specify the Mailbox server where you want the test user created.
    2.    Repeat this process on an Exchange 2010 Mailbox server in each Active Directory site that you want to test.

hth,

Jose

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:12 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 12:56 PM