none
How to change TCP window size in windows 2012 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

We need to improve low throughput (data download from one server to another server) and hope this can be achieved by using Jumbo Frames or increasing the TCP Window Size. 

I had read many articles and I am confused how to improve TCP Stack in Windows Server 2012.

My understanding is that both sender and receiver TCP windows size needs to be adjusted.

But in many articles shows older Windows OS configuration and I found only related to Windows Server 2012.

Based on the available info, 

Manually I have edited the size and given maximum allowed value and added windows scale to <g class="gr_ gr_25 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="25" id="25">maximum</g> value in both the machine. During Synchronization both agreed to use windows scale 14.

During data backup transfer I noticed in wire shark that TCP window size is increased from 64K to 1Mb

But > the communication speed between host A and host B during data backup is not going beyond 5-6 Mbps.   

Is there any way to improve throughput speed by changing TCP windows stack?

Can you please provide any reference link on configuration part. 

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:19 AM