Create Skype for business meetings from Outlook.on MacBook RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

i have an issue with creating Skype For Business meetings from Outlook on a MacBook Pro. 

Every time i want to create a meeting, i receive the following message : You must be signed into Skype for Business (Lync) before working with online meetings in Outlook. Sign into Skype for Business (Lync) and try again.

i tried to reinstall office suite and SFB, but i receive the same error. 

i logged in on the same laptop with another user, and tried to create a meeting. It is successful, but before to create the meeting i receive the following message : Microsoft Outlook wants access to control Skype For business. Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in Skype for Business and to perform actions within that app.

i can only suppose, that on the user that is not working, at the time he received this message he said Don;t allow. 

Do you know how i can provide access to Skype for Business ?

Thanks

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, February 25, 2019 1:16 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Given this situation, please notice the following items:
    1. Ensure the user account is the same in Outlook and Skype for Business.
    2. Ensure Skype for Business is running and signed in.

Besides, if possible, please configure your email account on another computer (on which other users can work normally) and see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Hello, 

1. It's the same user on both Office and SFB. If i'm not logged on SFB, when i want to create the meeting i get another message : to log in in Skype for Business.

2. it's running and sign in. 

As i said, i configured my account on the same laptop, using the same version of Office and SFB and i have no problem in creating meetings. 

I will try also this : to configure the user account on another laptop to see if it works; but i'm very sure that it will work because i will receive that pop up message with Outlook who wants to access SFB. 

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Have you tried configuring the problematic account on another computer? 

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:42 AM