Office Professional 2007 programmes always giving a Please wait whilst Windows configures M.O. Prof Plus 2007 upon opening RRS feed

• Question

• Very frustrating

Am on Windows Vista with service pack 2

My discs are for Office Professinal 2007 (doesnt say plus on the packaging so assume its not - contains word 2007, excel 2007, powerpoint 2007, outlook 2007 with BCM, publisher 2007 and access 2007)

Have uninstalled and reinstalled and this seemed to fix problem at first but a week later and the problem has started again.

Have tried the fix it for me options from support, no joy

Problem still occurs when holding ctrl during opening (safemode?)

No other versions of office installed on pc

Automatic updates are on (most recent important update for microsoft works couldnt install as dont have discs requested - Security Update for Microsoft Works 9 (KB2754670)

Have no idea what to try next  please help!!

Friday, October 31, 2014 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hello Ballet,

This happens if Office finds (residues of) other versions of Office. Before going into detail, please follow these  instructions:

http: //samuelhaddad.com/2013/05/09/microsoft-office-installs-when-opening-a-file
    (remove the space after http: MS refuses to acknowledge my verified email address)

This cure is to add a key "NoReReg" to the relevant version of your Office product.

Did it fix the problem?

Friday, October 31, 2014 12:25 PM
  • Hello George

Unfortunately not and I ran all the commands for all the listed programmes.

What more can I do?

Do I need to find the residues and remove them - I wouldn't know where to look!

Could Microsoft Works be causing a conflict? Should I remove that?

Do I need to uninstall the whole suite again and re-install doing something different than the "recommended" options?

I really appreciate your help and input

Many thanks

Saturday, November 1, 2014 8:16 AM