none
Data protection manager 2016 BMR-copy RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon! After installing RU 4, BMR copies are no longer executed.
    An error of this type is given here:

DPM can not back up, because an error occurred in the backup of Windows Server (WSB) on the protected computer (event ID WSB: 517, error code WSB: 0xE33F62B0). (ID 30229: Internal error code: 0x80990ED0)

After viewing the logs on the target server, I found the following entry:
    WSB error:
    Backup of volume C: has failed. Windows Backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared folder. Please retry the operation after making sure that the remote shared folder is available and accessible.

Windows server 2012 R2 (target server) event 517

The backup operation that started at '‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎28T21:58:21.744932000Z' has failed with following error code '0x8078015B' (Windows Backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared folder. Please retry the operation after making sure that the remote shared folder is available and accessible.). Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.

I do not understand what happened with  WSB.

• Edited by Aleks__ Monday, December 4, 2017 8:52 AM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 8:45 AM

All replies

• I also see this more frequently with DPM 2016 UR4, but it has been an issue before that rollup as well.

Rebooting the affected server usually helps.

Monday, December 4, 2017 2:35 PM
  • Thanks for the answer, but this step has already been carried out. Problem still exists

• Edited by Aleks__ Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:22 AM
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:22 AM
  • I can confirm that we are seeing the same thing. It seems UR4 broke BMR backups again, at least for Windows Server 2012R2. It was working in UR2.

If you only have one, our a couple of, BMR backups here is a workaround. Schedule a backup to disk on that server with Windows Server Backup. Backup the folder with DPM an hour or so later with DPM file backup. I did that for a while before UR2.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 4:04 PM