Issue with caller ID and simultanous ring on Lync RRS feed

• Question

• This one is strange and maybe someone knows what's going on. When I receive a call fron outside on my lync and forward that call on my cell, the caller ID that shows up is correct and is my work phone. But if I set simultanous ring, then when a call comes in the number shown on my cell is the wrong number and the default number our provider shows when they don't know what number we are calling from...
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think this it's happening from the PSTN side. You can run the Wireshark on the mediation server and check what's the number that going out to the cell in symul ring scenario. you can get an idea of where exactly the problem is.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2
    • Proposed as answer by Noya Lau Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Friday, December 16, 2011 9:03 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 2:27 AM
  • Ok, I think I found out what the issue is. I think the issue is with the PRI and the phone company that replaces any CallerID that comes out of the PRI and replace it with the main phone number if the CallerID passed by Lync is not within our DID block. Lync is trying to pass the Caller's caller ID and  since it's a number not within our block it gets replaced. If I have someone internal call my office line, then his number shows up on my cellphone as it's a valid DID...
    • Edited by NVFS Info Tech Friday, December 16, 2011 8:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Monday, December 19, 2011 5:39 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think this it's happening from the PSTN side. You can run the Wireshark on the mediation server and check what's the number that going out to the cell in symul ring scenario. you can get an idea of where exactly the problem is.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2
    • Proposed as answer by Noya Lau Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Friday, December 16, 2011 9:03 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 2:27 AM
  • Hi there,

Any update?

How about call forwarding?

You can also check call history information in Mediation Server.

Noya Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Noya Lau Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:07 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:06 AM
  • Both call forwarding and simultaneous ring...

When I call from home to my Lync line (using my direct DID) and call is set to either forward or simulanously ring to my cell, the caller ID on the cell is wrong and default back to a caller ID set by the phone company when the caller ID passed by the system is not within our valid DID range.

I was expecting the Lync to pass my DID as the caller ID...:(

I am still trying to figure this out. I looked at the logs from the Mediant 1000 and can't find anything that I can easily identify as the wrong caller ID...

Friday, December 16, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Ok, I think I found out what the issue is. I think the issue is with the PRI and the phone company that replaces any CallerID that comes out of the PRI and replace it with the main phone number if the CallerID passed by Lync is not within our DID block. Lync is trying to pass the Caller's caller ID and  since it's a number not within our block it gets replaced. If I have someone internal call my office line, then his number shows up on my cellphone as it's a valid DID...
    • Edited by NVFS Info Tech Friday, December 16, 2011 8:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Monday, December 19, 2011 5:39 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 6:40 PM
  • Hi!

I have exactly the same issue. Caller A's number is used as caller ID on the forwarded call, and the trunk defaults to the main number on the Subscription.

Does anyone know how to solve it? Is this the "Refer Support" that some trunk providers does not support?

Thanks,

Christian

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:13 PM