none
Non-Admins Cannot View SQL Server Reporting Service Reports on Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Attempting to add a report services report into a performance point dashboard page. Everything is installed on one box.

When the admin logins load the page, everything works great.

When a non-admin loads the page, everything except the report generates, and the following error kicks off:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'dataSource1'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Login failed for user '####'

The user login in question has been given browse access to everything in the report services web. I'm not sure where or how to grant whatever access is necessary for this to work properly.. and really I was hoping that any authenticated user at the dashboard level would be able to view the report so I didn't have to do security twice.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Jeremiah Nelson,

Make sure that your user has access to the data source of the Reporting Services report. When PerformancePoint accesses a Reporting Services report it sends the credentials of the logged in user to Reporting Services no matter how your security is setup in PerformancePoint. So the user will need to have at least read access to the data source.

One thing I would test would be to have a user try to go straight to the Reporting Services report URL outside of PerformancePoint. If they can see it there they should be able to see it within PerformancePoint.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Jon -

Where do I ensure this access is set? The user has been given access through the reporting services website as a browser. They cannot load the report there either, same error. I'm not sure where else to set.. I'm not even sure where the datasource the error is mentioning is living, it's not the datasource I referenced when I built it in reportbuilder.

Regards,

Jeremiah

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:06 PM
  • Still looking for help here.. Does anyone have any more information about where to fix this in report services? What info can I provide to help make the problem clearer?

Friday, March 14, 2008 6:32 PM
  • Jeremiah,

Please see the pages below these should assist you with defining your data source:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365171.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms160324.aspx

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Monday, March 17, 2008 6:14 PM