none
App-V client on a non domain joined client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi community,

during my App-V evaluation I stuck again.
    My domain joined clients receive their App-V packages and everything is working as expected.

Unfortunately my non domain joined client gives me the following errors in event log:

Error 19104:
    Part or all packages publish failed.
     published: 0
     failed: 1
    Please check the error events of 'Configure/Publish Package' before this message for the details of the failure.

Error 1008:
    Package {a3febfed-a271-434a-9326-05c303a7662e} version {87deef07-be2f-4f0a-b7b5-a1d11c58e90b} failed configuration in folder '' with error 0x74F00F0C-0x80070035

I already checked the following post:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8d8724c-465c-48f2-9470-d1f4f5378c97/appv-5-over-https-for-nondomain-clients?forum=mdopappv

So I entered the necessary credentials into Windows Credential Manager and configured my App-V client via PowerShell.
    I also put the Publishing Server in "local intranet" site in Internet Explorer.

When I open the Publishing Server address in IE I receive the output of an xml-file (normal behaviour I guess).

My environment is App-V 5.0 SP2 with latest hotfixes (Server & Client).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:38 PM

Answers

• As the App-V server services are using Windows authentication, I'm not sure if it is a good idea to investigate this topic a lot.

There are several other options to deploy App-V applications (using the sequencer-generated MSI or powershell), so you should consider if the effort is worth the result. If you have a notable amount of non-domain-joined client machines: how do you manage them in general? 

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Marked as answer by Hoba2013 Friday, August 22, 2014 7:24 AM
    Friday, August 22, 2014 7:10 AM

All replies

• As the App-V server services are using Windows authentication, I'm not sure if it is a good idea to investigate this topic a lot.

There are several other options to deploy App-V applications (using the sequencer-generated MSI or powershell), so you should consider if the effort is worth the result. If you have a notable amount of non-domain-joined client machines: how do you manage them in general? 

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Marked as answer by Hoba2013 Friday, August 22, 2014 7:24 AM
    Friday, August 22, 2014 7:10 AM
  • Thanks for the information.
    I am just evaluating App-V in my testing environment and wanted to use some App-V applications on my notebook, which is not joined to my testing environment domain.

I will stop troubleshooting this error and have a look at your suggested other options of deploying App-V.

Thank you!

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:24 AM
  • Hi, 35 means networkpath not found.... so maybe you do not have access to the app-v5 content store. Are you able to browse to the network-patth manually?
    Friday, August 22, 2014 9:11 AM
  • I'm able to browse to content store network path manually. This is working.
    Friday, August 22, 2014 9:43 AM
  • OK, at least it is good to read that you don't have a major issue with lots of users :-)

On my personal computers I either just double-click the MSI or I'm using powershell

Falko

Friday, August 22, 2014 10:05 AM