none
Recover an entire folder with every recent file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Need to have an exact copy of a department drive from Friday. The other drive is intact so there is no "DR" scenario. 

If I select the folder and choose show all recovery points, then select Friday. Does that Recover the entire folder with the most current backup of every file leading up to Friday, or just the files backed up Friday?

If not is there a way to do a point in time restore? Say like my file server dies and I need to restore every single file to the most current version that I have a copy of? 

Thanks.

Monday, February 9, 2015 9:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Every recovery point represents a full backup of the data source you are protecting, so it will contain all files even if they have not been updated for several days.  After a full restore of that folder, the restored files will be of the exact version they were at the point in time that the recovery point was taken.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:39 AM