Couple of Questions about the S4B Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all. I have noticed a couple of very mild quirks with the S4B desktop client and I am not sure if I'm misunderstanding the functionality here or if something is actually wrong:

• When I click "Gear Icon" ->File->View Conversation History, nothing happens. I realize it's so easy just to click the clock icon to view my history, but my CIO was asking me why that option does nothing when he clicks on it and I had absolutely no answer him because I have no idea if this is even supposed to do anything (tried this on 3 seperate workstations)
    • When I click "Gear Icon" ->Help->Quick Tips, nothing happens as well. *This was fixed by applying updates to one of the installations but the issue is still present on other machines that I have updated*

Any thoughts on this? Does View Conversation History actually do anything for anyone else or is it just kinda hanging out there with no real purpose? Thanks all!

• Edited by Brolide Friday, August 12, 2016 6:30 PM Needed to update
    Friday, August 12, 2016 6:08 PM

Answers

• Just tried it on a volume license version of office 2016 and the conversation history popped right up in outlook. 

I'm assuming that you have conversation history set on the backend correctly. Probably some bug.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, August 15, 2016 1:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, August 26, 2016 10:00 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2016 8:15 PM
  • Hello,

I have tested 'View Conversation History' and Quick Tips options in SfB 2015 and 2016 both client it does work for me.

I am using  volume license for both clients.

I think these option works in Volume License fine. But have not tested using C2R. 

May be you update you client to latest update and see if it work for you.

Regards

Blu Ilag

Regards Balu Ilag MCSA, MCITP

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, August 22, 2016 9:48 AM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 3:12 AM

All replies

• The quick tips is just the welcome to Skype Message... I wouldn't worry about that.

The View Conversation History doesn't work for me either, but works for a co-worker using a different version.  I'm using the click to run version and my co-worker is using a volume license version.  Can't say why mine doesn't work?  Maybe it's just a bug... Curious if others have the same issue.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, August 12, 2016 6:51 PM
  • Just tried it on a volume license version of office 2016 and the conversation history popped right up in outlook. 

I'm assuming that you have conversation history set on the backend correctly. Probably some bug.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, August 15, 2016 1:52 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2016 8:15 PM
  • Are you using Click to Run, basic client, Volume License, standalone?  

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, August 12, 2016 8:19 PM
  • Volume License
    Friday, August 12, 2016 10:50 PM
  • Hi Brolide,

Based on my understanding, the option view conversation history could help you to view the conversation history.

For quick tips, when you click it, you could see the “7 quick tips most people ask for”, you could use this option to view some useful function of SFB client.

These two options have their own function, not decoration.

I did a test on my SFB 2016 client(16.0.7030.1078), view conversation history is blank but I could see the content of quick tips.

Please try to use the version mentioned by the Don, and make sure the client with the latest update and test if you could view these options.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 15, 2016 2:02 AM
  • Hello,

I have tested 'View Conversation History' and Quick Tips options in SfB 2015 and 2016 both client it does work for me.

I am using  volume license for both clients.

I think these option works in Volume License fine. But have not tested using C2R. 

May be you update you client to latest update and see if it work for you.

Regards

Blu Ilag

Regards Balu Ilag MCSA, MCITP

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, August 22, 2016 9:48 AM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 3:12 AM