how do u create a registry key? RRS feed

• Question

• I am missing the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
    Monday, October 25, 2010 5:19 AM

All replies

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International is the key that hods the valus for settings for regional and timezone settings, and such.

first,how did you find out you were missing that key value?

secondly,  manually creating Registry keys is very delicate,if done wrongly,bad things happen man..bad things.

the key you requested for has many subkeys and values, the hierarchy has to be strictly adhered to.

i suggest you start up your pc using your windows XP disk and run a repair.this would recreate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International key with the right value(s).

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, October 25, 2010 8:39 PM
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International is the registry key that holds the values for settings for regions,date-time,currency,language, ...

first, how did you discover you are missing this key,

secondly, editing the registry is a very delicate thing,when done with the slightest error,bad things happen man..bad things.Besides the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International key has many subkeys and associated values whose hierarchy should be kept.

i suggest you start your system with te WINXP cd and run a repair. this would recreate the key with the right value(s)

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, October 25, 2010 8:53 PM