Random BSOD Windows 7 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I've bought a new PC and it randomly crashes into BSOD...I've took it to the shop I bought it from and after "extensive testing" they told me they could not find any hardware problems...I've updated all the drivers, repaired the windows installation using the CD...nothing helps...any way I can post my crash logs here and get some help?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:19 AM

Answers

• First two things I would test would be memory and power supply. Generally speaking random blue screens point to memory. Windows 7 has a great built in memory checker. Just click start and in the search box type Windows Memory Diagnostic and run the test. You can restart and test or choose to test next time you reboot.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, June 4, 2012 4:22 PM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:29 PM
  • Also, it may help to look at the minidump files from the crashes with a debugger.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site?

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, June 4, 2012 4:22 PM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 4:21 AM

All replies