SharePoint 2007 Central Administration Database Not Found! RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem in SharePoint Server 2007 that I can't open the Central Administration web page " HTTP 404 not found" and that was after someone renamed  the server name long time ago!

now, I was trying to check through stsadm and "Cannot open database SharePoint_Admin_****" and I browsed the SQL server but I did not found this database so I'm sure that it accidentally deleted !

is there any command to create a new Database for the central administration application without affecting the web application it self ! 

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:03 AM

Answers

• Because it was old one and We were working with the 2010 one ,,, now I want to delete it but I need to change the farm admin so I can extract all files from there then safely remove and delete this server!

I will do a backup then will try the last point ,, will update u 

Appreciated 

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How did you deleted? do you remember something?

First your should try to attache/detach if Db is not deleted because the MDF and LDF files are still on the hard drive:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187858.aspx

If DB is deleted then do you have backup copy? If you have then restore the DB from backup:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177429.aspx

Is it production server? If you are still on dev machine then you can try to disconnect the server and create new config DB via configuration wizard. (not recommended for production server)

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:09 AM
  • The problem that the database has been deleted by mistake long  time ago and there is no backup ! It is lost. Fun ha !

And it is live server :( ... so u mean no way to reconfig a new database for Central Administration ?

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:28 AM
  • Hello,

If it is live server then why did you wait till now? I am interested to know that How you were able to work on SP site without CA?

Anyway, see my last reply and follow the last point. Run Sp configuration wizard and create new config DB. Obviously it will impact to existing web applications due to IISRESET.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:53 AM
  • Because it was old one and We were working with the 2010 one ,,, now I want to delete it but I need to change the farm admin so I can extract all files from there then safely remove and delete this server!

I will do a backup then will try the last point ,, will update u 

Appreciated 

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:27 AM