I need your help RRS feed

• Question

• I need help.  I know this is a site for professionals and I am sorry to barge in, but I figure if you know stuff on this level you might be able to help me.  If not, please accept my apologies in advance.

I have Windows 7 home premium.  I never had a problem before, but all of a sudden I am getting an error message that makes no sense. 

I can click on (and open) the email, but when I click on the email itself to get to the next page, I get the error message "You must run as administrator." 

According to all the stuff I can Google there is a simple solution.  Right click on the Microsoft Outlook icon on the bottom of the page and click on "run as administrator."  All good, right?  Easy, right? However, there is not a "run as administator" line to click on.  So I click on right click on Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and then click on Properties.  Makes sense, right?  Wrong.  Under the Compatibility tab the "run as administrator" line is in shadow and I cannot click on it. 

As you can tell by this missive, I am not a prpofessional IT person -- far from it, but I cannot seem to get any information from the general chat rooms to help me with this problem.  I am hoping that you can and if you cannot, could you please refer me to someone who can? 

Thank you very much for reading this email.  

Friday, August 12, 2011 4:34 AM

Answers

• Hi PhylStar,

Thanks for your question and other partners’ replies. Please follow below steps to check if you current login account in the Administrator group.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click the User Account icon in the Control Panel window.

2. Click Manage User Accounts icon in the User Accounts window, check User Name and Group.

3. If the Group is Administrator, please click OK. Click the Change User Account Control settings icon in the User Accounts window. Change the control to : Never notify.

4. If the current account doesn’t in Administrator group, please performed previous operation by one account which has the Administrator Privilege.

Hope it helps you. If the issue still exists, please submit one thread in this forum: Office 2007 Application Compatibility.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Sharp

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharp Wang Monday, August 22, 2011 1:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharp Wang Monday, August 22, 2011 6:10 AM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly this is SSRS forum. Your question looks like out of this forum.

Secondly, read this link, if may help you:-
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/user-account-control

Thanks

Kumar 

Please do let us know your feedback. Thank You - KG, MCTS
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:48 AM
  • Hi Phyl

This is   SQL Server Reporting Services forum. Can you please put your Question in to below link which help you better.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookdev/threads

SUHAS http://suhaskudekar.blogspot.com/ Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.
    Friday, August 12, 2011 5:01 AM
  • I need help. I know this is a site for professionals and I am sorry to barge in, but I figure if you know stuff on this level you might be able to help me. If not, please accept my apologies in advance. I have Windows 7 home premium. I never had a problem before, but all of a sudden I am getting an error message that makes no sense. I can click on (and open) the email, but when I click on the email itself to get to another page, I get the error message "You must run as administrator." According to all the stuff I can Google there is a simple solution. Right click on the Microsoft Outlook icon on the bottom of the page and click on "run as administrator." All good, right? Easy, right? However, there is not a "run as administrator" line to click on. So I click on right click on Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and then click on Properties. Makes sense, right? Wrong. Under the Compatibility tab the "run as administrator" line is in shadow and I cannot click on it. As you can tell by this missive, I am not a professional IT person -- far from it, but I cannot seem to get any information from the general chat rooms to help me with this problem. I am hoping that you can and if you cannot, could you please refer me to someone who can? Thank you very much for reading this email.
    Friday, August 12, 2011 10:46 AM
  • Hi PhylStar,

Thanks for your question and other partners’ replies. Please follow below steps to check if you current login account in the Administrator group.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click the User Account icon in the Control Panel window.

2. Click Manage User Accounts icon in the User Accounts window, check User Name and Group.

3. If the Group is Administrator, please click OK. Click the Change User Account Control settings icon in the User Accounts window. Change the control to : Never notify.

4. If the current account doesn’t in Administrator group, please performed previous operation by one account which has the Administrator Privilege.

Hope it helps you. If the issue still exists, please submit one thread in this forum: Office 2007 Application Compatibility.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Sharp

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharp Wang Monday, August 22, 2011 1:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharp Wang Monday, August 22, 2011 6:10 AM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:27 AM