how to customized the parameters layout for dashboard report? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way I can customized looking of the parameters layout (I've more than 20 parameters for a report), such as group certain parameters into a panel something like that?

or is there a way I can create a web page for all the parameters, and once the user filled the parameters then redirect the report, is this doable in SharePoint 2010?

Thank you,

Joe
    • Moved by Anjali Ch -MSFT Monday, May 16, 2011 6:40 PM Moving to Performance Point section, assuming question is with respect to Performance Point Dashboard (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using Visual Studio with SharePoint and other programming)
    • Moved by Heidi Tr - MSFT Monday, May 16, 2011 6:47 PM wrong queue (From:Planning)
    Monday, May 9, 2011 8:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Joe,

Are you talking parameters within SQL Server Reporting Services OR filters within PerformancePoint Servers?  Based on your description, I would believe you are talking about filters within PerformancePoint, but I would like confirmation.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:14 PM
  • Could you please explain your requirement?

It it related to Project server reporting? Or performance point server reporting?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee661741.aspx

Project server reporting:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662106.aspx

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:58 PM
  • Hi Heidi,

right now, I'm taking an approach with parameters with SSRS (I created a new page with parameter layout I want, and redirect to the SSRS report url).

But I'm wondering that if want to create a "Customized filters layout" for PerformancePoint, is this do able?

Thank you,

Joe
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:22 PM
  • Will looking into those MS links.

Thx Sriram.

Joe
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:26 PM
  • This developer was looking to customize the way an SSRS parameter layout is rendered using a performance point dashboard displaying an SSRS report on a dashboard page.

It would be good to see if this is possible without relying on custom pages.  Or, if some plan is in the works for expanded SSRS parameter handling in general, and withing PerformancePoint, as FILTERS do not really offer the flexibility required in all cases.

So:

1) what are the options for SSRS parameter pane rendering within a performancepoint dashboard and

2) what is the plan to fix the lack of flexibility, assuming I already know the answer to 1)

This is a real problem for the SSRS product, imho.

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:43 PM