TMG remote management from DA clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

My question is maybe quite simple, but I couldn't find the answer myself. I have a live UAG environment with DA configured. I tried to add my DA client to remote management clients with TMG's system policy editor, but it can't find the IP(v4) address of the machine which is understandable, because the DA client only has IPv6 address. Certainly without this policy modification I'am unable to connect to the server with Remote Desktop Client. How can I achieve this task? :) Thank You.
    • Moved by Keith Alabaster Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:39 PM UAG Question (From:Forefront Edge Security - General)
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi FlowMaN,

TMG doesn't really support IPv6 firewall rules.
    We have introduced limited support with the ConfigureLocalHostToIPv6 script (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee921439.aspx).
    This allows you to create a rule that allows certain traffic from the UAG server to a specific IPv6 range, but not the opposite like you need.

The easiest way to access the UAG servers from a directaccess client, is to RDP to a machine inside the corporate network, and from it RDP again to the UAG server.
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, February 1, 2010 7:06 PM
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 1:16 PM