none
Settings disappear

Question

• HI

I have installed the Chrome templates for group policy and these are working fine and have been for some time. I have a strange issue where if i make a change to the policy and add a new URL to the setting " Hosts to open in the alternative browser", when replication occurs, this setting is removed.

I am still trying to troubleshoot but wondered if anyone has seen this before or if it could be one of the three DCs causing the issue?

Cheers

Shane

Monday, February 13, 2017 2:20 PM

Answers

• > So i have added a new GPO and added the same setting which has not been removed.

Hm - check your automation environment, possibly this is an external task that replaces the GPO content?

• Marked as answer by Shane W Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:36 PM

All replies

• > when replication occurs, this setting is removed.

Check Sysvol replication health.

Monday, February 13, 2017 3:09 PM
  • So i have added a new GPO and added the same setting which has not been removed. Could this be an issue with replication if this GPO is OK? or could it be an issue with the GPO itself? I will test replication health and get back to you.
    Monday, February 13, 2017 3:46 PM
  • > So i have added a new GPO and added the same setting which has not been removed.

Hm - check your automation environment, possibly this is an external task that replaces the GPO content?

• Marked as answer by Shane W Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:36 PM
  • Thanks for this info, your last response made me think about what could be causing this. It turned out there was a script replicating this particular policy between domains. I had to update a csv which when the script run, copied the data in the script to this particular policy. 

Thanks for your help

Shane

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:30 AM