SCOM 2007 Discovery Wizard fails to find nodes RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have been having this problem since we restaged our SCOM server.  When I run discovery wizard for a single node, discovery continually runs. It ran for 2 hrs and still could not discover the node I added.  I found this KB 941409, followed the instructions and still have issues with the discovery wizard. 

DB is on remote named instance, SQL 2005, SCOM server is 2003 w/SP2, SP1 for SCOM.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is for SCE related issues. For questions about System Center Operations Manager 2007, please use the Microsoft public newsgroups for SCOM (microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup) which would be the most relevant newsgroup for your question.

microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup
    <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup>

Thanks!
    --------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:41 AM

All replies

• This is really the Essentials 2007 forum, but are you running the RTM release of SP1 that just came out over the weekend, or still on the RC release?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:51 PM
  • Hi,

This forum is for SCE related issues. For questions about System Center Operations Manager 2007, please use the Microsoft public newsgroups for SCOM (microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup) which would be the most relevant newsgroup for your question.

microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup
    <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup>

Thanks!
    --------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:41 AM
  •  

Problem solved.  Google search led me to the forum.
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:58 PM
  •  

I have the same problem, which forum did you find it on. Google keeps taking me to this one.
    Monday, March 10, 2008 6:59 PM
  •  Gormat wrote:

Problem solved.  Google search led me to the forum.

Gormat,
    could you point us to the solution that you found via. google search? Thank you for your help with this.
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 2:08 PM
  • Hi Gormat,

It would be great if you could let me know the solution you got for this issue. I have the same issues, SQL broker enable doesnt resolve my issue. What else we need to check and configure to make it work.

Your help is most appreciated.

Thank you.
    Prasad
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:55 AM