Exchange 2007 database keeps dismounting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have SBS 2008 running Exchange 2007. I moved the database from C drive to another drive on the server for space. I used the Move database wizard from within Exchange. All appeared to work but on a daily basis, the database dismounts. Can anyone please tell me what the issue could be?

I am having the client ring all hours of the night needing their emails. I login to the server and mount the database and it usually stays on until around 9.30 at night.

Look forward to some help on this.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:15 AM

Answers

• If you are getting I/O errors during backup this strongly points to a controller or drive issue.  I would suggest that you

A: look again at the event logs becuase if your backup is getting I/O errors you should be seeing something in the event viewer

B: Check with your MFG for Firmware upgrades

C: You may want to look into adding an additional drive and see if that corrects it

D: You could do a chkdsk against that drive but I would suggest you take the DB's offline and copy them to a safe place before doing so since I have seend way too many drives go boom when doing disk checks and repairs.

E:  You are not running compression on the drive are you?

Troy Werelius
    www.Lucid8.com
    Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline EDB's and Live Exchange Servers with Lucid8's DigiScope
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:38 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 4:48 AM
  • Hi,

I installed the latest drivers and firmware for the hardware and all is working well.

Thank you for your help

Milena

• Marked as answer by Terence Yu Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

are the any Envetlogentries around 09:30?

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:06 PM
  • Hi,

have you got any updates on this topic? What about your Exchngesystems is it now able to mount the database?

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Hi
       <1>. Check free space in drive
       <2>. Open Command prompt and went to the location  
              example(c:\program files\microsoft\exchange server\bin)

-- Ran eseutil /mh "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database.edb"

-- If it showed Dirty SHutdown.

-- Ran repair command with customer's permission.

-- Ran eseutil /p "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database.edb"

-- If it doesn’t work .Ran "ISINTEG -S CWSRVR -FIX -TEST ALLTESTS"

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Hi
      Do you have any update on your issue ?

Terence Yu

Friday, January 13, 2012 3:01 AM
  • Hi All,

Disk space is not the issue. There is plenty. I have tried the recommendation above but I get an error as shown below:

Initiating FILE FUMP mode...

Error: Access to source database 'G:\Program files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database.edb'failed with Jet error -1811.

Operation terminated with error -1811 <JET_errFileNotFound, File not found after 0.16 seconds.

I can see where the file is located therefore it does exist. For some reason it was working well for the last 3 days but today it has dismounted twice so far in a space of 4 hours.

Thanks

Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:59 PM
  • Hi
       1. Please
    check database file user permission. Does anyone modify it ?
       2. Please check antivirus or scan software. Does it lock database file ?  
       3. Do you enable circle log function ?
       4. If you can’t find antivirus or software locked database file. Please reboot the server.

Terence Yu

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:03 AM
  • Hi,

A: On the second partition of the OS

B: SAS drive; it is the same drives as the OS

C: No Hardware events, only ESE errors, MSExchange System Attendant Mailbox, MSEchange ActiveSync

D: no changes have been made to the server

E: N/A

I have also been unable to back up the Database due to I/O errors using Shadow Protect. I have had to disable the shadow protect software from backing up the second partition.

Thanks

Monday, January 23, 2012 1:50 AM
  • If you are getting I/O errors during backup this strongly points to a controller or drive issue.  I would suggest that you

A: look again at the event logs becuase if your backup is getting I/O errors you should be seeing something in the event viewer

B: Check with your MFG for Firmware upgrades

C: You may want to look into adding an additional drive and see if that corrects it

D: You could do a chkdsk against that drive but I would suggest you take the DB's offline and copy them to a safe place before doing so since I have seend way too many drives go boom when doing disk checks and repairs.

E:  You are not running compression on the drive are you?

Troy Werelius
    www.Lucid8.com
    Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline EDB's and Live Exchange Servers with Lucid8's DigiScope
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:38 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 4:48 AM
  • Hi 
       Can you post the result ?

Terence Yu

Monday, January 30, 2012 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

I installed the latest drivers and firmware for the hardware and all is working well.

Thank you for your help

Milena

• Marked as answer by Terence Yu Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:29 AM